The Secure Future Plan
Our planning process is called the Secure Future Plan. It only has three steps. But it thoroughly covers many personal retirement issues. To develop a plan for you, it is important to discuss each of these issues in detail. Planning for these issues will help you have stable finances and have a happy retirement. Here are the issues we cover with you.
Retirement issues to consider
- Family – Family relationships can have a significant effect on retirement.
- Health – Retiree’s health will affect everything from when you file for Social Security to any of the other retirement concerns.
- Home – A retiree’s home can mean many things. Notably, it is one of the largest expenses during retirement. Consequently, where a retiree’s home is could change several times during retirement.
- Legacy – Legacy is more than just leaving money. Legacy is leaving a mark on the world and having a say in how you are remembered.
- Leisure – Leisure takes on new meaning for retirees. As a result, a pastime can provide connections with other people. Additionally, leisure can also improve retirees’ health.
- Life’s purpose – Having a sense of purpose is important to retirees. Religion, family, or charity can define a retiree’s life purpose.
- Long-term care – If we live long enough, we will all become frail. For this reason, deciding on care should be planned far in advance.
- Work – Work for pay or volunteer work can add meaning to retirees.
Three steps to build a Secure Future Plan.
1st – We meet virtually and talk through your vision. The first step to overcoming your retirement anxieties is to help you to determine what you would like retirement to be like. After that, we work with you to inventory and organize your assets.
2nd – We create a custom plan based on your goals. So that retirement can be what you want, we identify the risk that you face. Next, we then give you options to avoid or cope with those risks.
3rd – We implement the plan, and keep you updated every step of the way. A big part of putting your objectives into action is a written guide that we develop with you. This is is a roadmap that identifies guidelines to keep your Secure Future Plan on track. Accordingly, if your plan starts to go off track, we work with you to make adjustments. Your Secure Future Plan will help you to overcome the fear of what might happen in the future and have a happy retirement.
The planning process takes three or four face-to-face meetings. Beyond the time we spend meeting with you, it takes ten to twelve hours of research and design to build a Secure Future Plan for you. Our hourly consultation rate is $167 per hour. For this reason, most plans cost about $2,000. If your plan is more complicated and involves more time, the cost may be more. However, we are able to establish the cost of building our service after the second meeting. The details of your plan’s design will be provided to you in an engagement letter.
If you’d like to learn more, click below to schedule a fifteen-minute conversation. We can discuss your questions and see if a more in-depth get-to-know each other meeting would be appropriate.
Our Secure Future Plan service can help you overcome the anxiety of retiring and help you have a happy retirement. As a result of working with retirees, we have encountered six reasons that hold people back from organizing their finances. If you’d like to learn how Richards Financial Planning avoids these six problems click here.